Technology continues to play a pivotal role in shaping the new Africa, with mobile phones leading the way in creating numerous opportunities for entrepreneurs and social enterprises. Here’s a fantastic example of how investing in smartphone technology to provide ‘paid for’ access to knowledge has helped improve the livelihood of a chicken farmer in Uganda. A deep understanding of the need of rural farmers and the problems they face on a day to day basis provided the Grameen Foundation which set up this project with the insights required to provide the solution.
Welcome to AEI
AEI is a forum for the African diaspora and friends of Africa to discuss development issues, comment on business news from whatever source and invest skills, knowledge, technology, talent and finance to accelerate African development.
- Books and Magazines
- Innovation and Skills
Connect with Us
Subscribe via Email
GET FRIENDS AND FAMILY ALERTS,
LATEST NEWS AND CURRENT EVENTS
- Baobab Africa - Our correspondents delve into the politics, economics and culture of the continent of Africa.
- CNN - Complete Coverage of Inside Africa.
- White African - A White African's View of the World
- African Banker - Financial Information Online
- Forbes - The Africa Chronicles
- Ventures - On Ventures Africa.
- TechLoy - Nigeria's Leading Technology Blog
- Financial Times - Emerging Africa
Copyright © 2017 African Enterprise Investor